2018 Falls Celebration
The Falls Celebration is one of the Chamber’s three signature events. This annual event is held to celebrate the people and businesses that make our communities special. All are welcome to attend. We look forward to celebrating with you!
- Date & Time: Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Location: Vincent Venue – 510 S. Vincent Street, St. Croix Falls, WI
- Activities: Dinner, Dessert, Awards Presentation, and Cash Bar
- Social Hour – 5:00-6:00pm
- Dinner – 6:00pm
$30/person in advance (prior to January 10)*
*Those who purchased tickets prior to January 10 were entered into a drawing for a complimentary two-night weekend stay at the Loews Minneapolis Hotel and three $100 gift cards. The Falls Chamber heartily thanks the Loews Hotel, Cindy Stimmler at High Test Travel, The Bitworks, Central Insurance, and Fireworks Forever for their generous prize donations.
Tickets available online or at the door! If you know you are coming and plan to pay at the door, please send us an email with your name and the number of tickets and we will reserve them for you. (Thank you for helping us in our planning!)
This year the Falls Chamber will present seven award. Chamber members were invited to nominate other Chamber members in the categories below. Ballots were sent to member businesses on or around December 15. Each member business was able to cast one ballot. Thank you to all who participated in nominating and voting this year. We are excited to present the awards on Thursday, January 18th!
- New Business of the Year – Awarded to a new business that uses sound business practices and demonstrates success and profitability while overcoming key business challenges. 2017 NOMINEES: Integrated Healing, Juneberry Cafe, Roger’s Old Fashioned Barbers, Marine & Automotive Custom Interiors, Vincent Venue & Business Center
- Renovation/Business Improvement of the Year – Awarded to a business that has constructed or remodeled its facilities or upgraded services in a significant way, having a positive effect on local businesses or the community. 2017 NOMINEES: First National Community Bank – Dresser, Roger’s Old Fashioned Barbers, Royal Credit Union – St. Croix Falls, St. Croix Falls School District, Vincent Venue & Business Center Center
- Business Person of the Year – Awarded to a business leader who has shown exemplary leadership in their business field and is successful in their chosen profession. 2017 NOMINEES: Sonya Fry Anderson, Crystal Lusk, Charity Mathis, Bren Nel Ward, Kathy Willis
- Business of the Year – Awarded to a company that demonstrates all-round excellence in business, with commercial success, growth, and community involvement. 2017 NOMINEES: Chateau St. Croix Winery, Dalles House Restaurant and Lounge, MidWestOne Bank – St. Croix Falls, Nelson Industries
- Falls Spirit – Awarded to a person or group who advocates the promotion of business growth by demonstrating ethical leadership and showing an active interest in the betterment of the business community. The Falls Chamber Board of Directors votes on this award.
- NEW! Falls Educator of the Year – One teacher from the St. Croix Falls School District and one teacher from the Taylors Falls Elementary School will be recognized for excellence in teaching. Nomination forms were submitted by school teachers and staff and chosen by the Falls Chamber Board of Directors.